Thursday 11 February 2010

Look -Alike

While working at a medical center, I noticed a distinguished gentleman and his young son on their daily visits to the chemotherapy center. Impeccably tailored suit and a head of lush salt-and-pepper hair made the man stand out. As I admired him and his smiling five-year-old, I found it impossible to tell who was receiving treatment.

One day, as they walked, past, my attention was drawn to the boy. The cap he usually wore was missing, and I could now see a shiny bald head. I turned toward the father. To my surprise, he was as bald as his son.

“Look at my dad!” the boy said cheerfully. “He shaved his head so we’d look the same. We’re going to grow our hair back together!” His father simply smiled, looking more distinguished than ever.

-by Linda Mango (Reader's Digest)

No comments: